Use Spectral Resampling to resample spectral data files to match one of the following:
- The response of a known instrument (for example, AVIRIS)
- An ASCII wavelength file, with or without full-width-half-maximums
- The wavelengths of a specific image input file.
The resampling method you use depends on the input information. If you only provide wavelengths (band centers), ENVI assumes critical sampling and uses a Gaussian model with an FWHM equal to the band spacings.
If you provide wavelengths and FWHM information, ENVI uses a Gaussian model with FWHM spacings. If you provide a filter function, ENVI uses that for the resampling.
- From the Toolbox, select Spectral > Spectral Resampling. The Spectral Resampling Input File dialog appears.
- Select the name of a spectral data file.
- Click OK. The Spectral Resampling Parameters dialog appears.
- Follow the steps in Select Resampling Types.