ENVI Task BinaryAutomaticThresholdRaster
�5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
19 Mar 2019 01:05 PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to write an ENVI API script to separate vegetation from the background for both color and color-infrared digital photos. The ENVI command, Binary Raster by Automatic Threshold, works pretty well. For the ENVIBinaryAutomaticThresholdTask, the documentation states the output is a binary raster file that for a mask. However, in an ENVI API script, I get the error message that the mask raster must only have one band. Sometimes the layer manager shows the output file with a single band, other times in the data manager, it has three bands. I assume the three bands are for each of the three input bands. So do I need to use band math with relational operators or is there a setting that I am missing?

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

--
    20 Mar 2019 09:55 AM
    When I run this example, I get 4 output bands which corresponds to each of the input bands:
    http://www.harrisgeospati...sholdRasterTask.html

If you replace your file with the sample dataset, do you get an error with this code? Is there additional code that is causing this message?

--
    20 Mar 2019 02:35 PM
    Sorry, I did not try the code on the sample dataset, because I already overwrote the program file with new code. To solve the problem, I took a single band and used the task, BinaryGTThresholdRaster. However, the new code is not portable, and will create problems when I change data sets.

Now I am trying to figure out how to use the pixel state for band statistics. In the help file:

> maskedData = maskedRaster.GetData(BAND=0, PIXEL_STATE=pixelState)
    >pos = WHERE(pixelState EQ 0, count)
    >IF (count NE N_Elements(maskedData)) THEN $
    > maskedData = maskedData[pos]

I get that I only want pixels with the state = 0, but the example makes no sense to me. I assume the 2nd statement counts the number of pixels with state = 0, but how would the count not being equal to N_elements help to identify which pixels to exclude?

Thanks

--
    21 Mar 2019 08:45 AM
    Please ignore post on 20 March 2019

--
    25 Jul 2020 10:29 AM
    hi

--
    25 Jul 2020 10:30 AM
    Infrastructure Engineer

https://www.fieldengineer.com/skills/what-is-an-infrastructure-engineer
    You are not authorized to post a reply.