Search this forum:
Search
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 12312345 > >>
Topics
 Replies
 Views
 Last Post
0 Replies and 21 Views SPAWN with dir command not returning special characters correctly  21  0 Started by  Ellen Wasbø I have an application that use SPAWN with a dir command and when files or folders are named with special characters like æøå (Norwegian letters) this command will replace those characters and I cannot use those paths further. This do not happen when using the same dir command in a cmd window. How can I prevent this replacement of characters
0 21
06 Apr 2021 01:30 AM
1 Replies and 28 Views My function does not give any output!  28  1 Started by  Saeed Alborzi Hi all. I have a function in the following format: ;start of the function function hopperbub16,num,maxframes,polyd=polyd,seed=seed,gravity=gravity, $ f0=f0,dtuser=dtuser,angle=angle,width=width,mov=mov, $ xrange=xrange,yrange=yrange, $ startbub=startbub,useplot=useplot,jamstate=jamstate,jamstring=jamstring, $ ampx=ampx,freqx=freqx, ampy=ampy,freqy=freqy,overflowmax=overflowmax, $ narrow=narrow,noforce=noforce,_extra=eee &91;function body&93; . . . . . . . . ...
1 28
by  Ellen WasbøJump to last post
06 Apr 2021 01:21 AM
3 Replies and 59 Views Minimum Noise Fraction (MNF) options in IDL  59  3 Started by  Amber Iler Hello, I'm working on a procedure that will help automate the hyperspectral workflow I've been repeating by hand to whiten my data and associated spectral library. The idea is to provide the file name of a hyperspectral file and an ROI file that identifies a convenient uniform area to use for the shift difference noise calculations. I attempted to use the ENVI 'ForwardMNFTransform' Task, but it doesn't appear that this task allows you to perform a shift difference noise calculation. Thus, I hav...
3 59
by  Amber IlerJump to last post
05 Apr 2021 11:44 AM
0 Replies and 74 Views IDL IDLGrClipBoard  74  0 Started by  shane andrews So my problem is, i am reading in a cutimage and displaying it. And I programmed where the user can copy the picture shown to the clipboard via idlgrclipboard. And when I try to paste the clipboard into another program, it pastes the binary data only(on windows it pastes the picture just fine). I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
0 74
10 Mar 2021 11:46 AM
1 Replies and 21392 Views IDL on DOCKER  21392  1 Started by  Arnaldo Tomasino I want to run a .sav file, compiled with IDL, on a Docker container. In the container I set up IDL 8.5.1 without a license and all the needed dependencies starting from a ubuntu:16.04 image. Here I start the execution of the .sav file with the command idl -vm=<name>.sav At first, I obtained this error: Unable to connect to X Windows display: :0.0 Unable to establish X Connection. Segmentation fault (core dumped) So I tried to set up a dummy display through VNC. I inst...
1 21392
by  Ben CastellaniJump to last post
03 Mar 2021 09:15 AM
1 Replies and 189 Views Mac X11 XQuartz 2.8.0 - IDL 8.5.1 incompatibility  189  1 Started by  Mike Wong i just moved to the new pre-release X11 2.8.0 for mac, and IDL crashes when you call dialog_pickfile(). i'm using 8.5.1, which i know is not the current version, so i will look into a newer version. but maybe someone else can test this with more recent versions to make sure it's not a common issue X11 2.8.0 has some other good fixes, like faster pasting text onto the command line after a graphics window is open. that was always very slow on 2.7.11. the dialog_pickfile() incompatibil...
1 189
by  Mike WongJump to last post
26 Feb 2021 12:27 PM
0 Replies and 43 Views IDL, 4k monitor, linux  43  0 Started by  shelyag Hello, is there any information on how to configure IDL for 4k monitors under linux Thanks!
0 43
25 Feb 2021 10:04 PM
0 Replies and 66 Views IDL Python bridge error with new IDL8.8/Anaconda 3.8  66  0 Started by  Roy Kilgard Hi there, I have a Mac running macOS 10.15.7. I have clean installs of IDL8.8 and Python 3.8 via Anaconda. I ran the setup.py for the IDL Python bridge successfully, but when attempting to run any python code in IDL, I get this: IDL 8.8.0 (darwin x86_64 m64). (c) 2020, Harris Geospatial Solutions, Inc. Licensed for use by: Wesleyan University License: 99690 IDL> >>>22 Loaded DLM: PYTHON38. INTEL MKL ERROR: dlopen(/Users/rkilgard/anaconda3/lib/libmkl_intel_thread.dylib, 9): Libra...
0 66
24 Feb 2021 02:08 PM
0 Replies and 59 Views How to download IDL Virtual Machine  59  0 Started by  Vittorio Torroni Hello, I need the IDL VM to run a .sav file that has been given to me. I have completed the registration process, but I don't understand how to download IDL. If I go to download and licensing center, it says that I need to enter a specific username and password (not the same one used to register on the main website), but there is no link to create such account. I have tried to download old versions, but it says that the page is temporarily unavailable. It's very disappointing that l3harri...
0 59
24 Feb 2021 12:51 AM
2 Replies and 522 Views Compile option disabled!! IDL command Prompt not working  522  2 Started by  Jorge Lozano The compile button is disabled, the cmd does not give the option to insert commands. When I tried to right click on project 'Build project ' a dialog box pops up with the following message: 'An internal error occurred during: 'Build Project'. Attempt to send message to IDL before IPS initialization complete. Clients must ensure IPS is ready or implement ServerReadyListener before calling this method.' Does any body have an idea what is going on I am totally new to IDL so excuse me if ...
2 522
by  Andrew MaudsleyJump to last post
16 Feb 2021 03:15 PM
2 Replies and 197 Views IDL 8.8 Python image display  197  2 Started by  Judy Northrop I want to use Python's imshow routine to plot the spectral response of hyperspectral images, but I cannot get a simple 2D image to display. One dimensional plots work fine using matplotlib. I am using IDL 8.8 with the following, IDL> plt = Python.Import('matplotlib.pyplot') Loaded DLM: PYTHON37. IDL> help, im60 IM60 FLOAT = Array&91;584, 1000&93; IDL> plt.imshow(im60) Fatal error: IDL has encountered a fatal error and will now exit I am using Linux x64 with Ana...
2 197
by  Judy NorthropJump to last post
26 Jan 2021 06:01 AM
1 Replies and 139 Views Contour Function vs Procedure  139  1 Started by  Josh Herron I am trying to plot horizontal scans taken from an aerosol lidar system. The raw data is composed of range resolved aerosol density collected at a particular azimuth angle. The range and azimuth data I convert into values of Northing and Easting against which I plot the aerosol data. If I use the contour plot procedure the data is plotted correctly, but if I use the contour function the same data will generate a qhull error. Is there a difference in how the qhull procedure is called in each ...
1 139
25 Jan 2021 10:09 AM
1 Replies and 491 Views Will the next version of IDL run natively on Macs with the new M1 Chip  491  1 Started by  Sean Brittain Apple is moving away from Intel and to their new M1 chips. What is the timeline for releasing a version of IDL that runs natively on these chips.
1 491
08 Jan 2021 01:42 PM
1 Replies and 116 Views How can I calculate square root of a matrix in IDL 8.4?  116  1 Started by  Uzzal Dash I need to calculate square root of a large dimension matrix. How can I do it using IDL
1 116
08 Jan 2021 01:17 PM
0 Replies and 121 Views GAUSS2DFIT (bug solution)  121  0 Started by  Mike Wong GAUSS2DFIT with the /NEGATIVE option is supposed to fit a gaussian 'valley' instead of 'peak.' i came across intermittent cases where the function seemed to give a good fit in terms of parameter values, except that the output parameter A&91;1&93; was positive instead of negative. also, the return value had a positive gaussian peak instead of a negative gaussian valley. i have not thoroughly tested this, but adding this line of code seems to fix it: a&91;1&93; *= keyword_set(n...
0 121
11 Dec 2020 07:53 PM
7 Replies and 1171 Views Is this a dead language?  1171  7 Started by  Chris Lauer How long will IDL keep running
7 1171
by  Michael LjungbergJump to last post
07 Dec 2020 07:35 AM
2 Replies and 481 Views IDl bug  481  2 Started by  Francesca Scipioni I use IDL 8.8, and I recently upgraded my OS to Big Sur. After that I notice that, when I press return on the keyboard to go to the next line, the line below disappears. This happens because the process of creating a new blank line by pressing the return key takes a very long time. After a new line is created, the delated line appears again. I also noticed that if I move the IDL window, the new line appears right away. This is a very annoying problem, how can I solve it
2 481
by  Michael LjungbergJump to last post
07 Dec 2020 07:23 AM
2 Replies and 289 Views IDL 8.8 Workbench, icon sizes (Win10 x64)  289  2 Started by  Kip Matthews In upgrading to IDL 8.8.0 from 8.7.2 (on a Windows 10 64-bit PC), the icons of the buttons in the IDL Workbench (for New Pro File, Cut, Paste, Compile, etc.) are drastically smaller in size than they were in the 8.7.2 Workbench (very problematic on a UHD-resolution monitor). In the 8.7.2 workbench, one could right-click on the toolbar and get an option to show text on the buttons, or to use small small icons; the 8.8 Workbench doesn't provide these options. I don't see any settings in Preference...
2 289
by  Kip MatthewsJump to last post
28 Nov 2020 01:22 PM
0 Replies and 148 Views Variable undefined problem: STRSPLIT  148  0 Started by  Brivael Laloux Hello everyone, I am a beginner in IDL language and I need it to use the ACIS Extract package. After instaling the IDL and the reauested libraries I tried to do the tutorial example of the package. I had several problems including incomplete IDL_PATH to access all libraries. Anyhow, I couldn't solve one problem: the function STRSPLIT. At some point, a procedure of the ACIS Extract package used this function and it raised an error 'Variable is undefined: STRSPLIT. Execution halted at: $MA...
0 148
27 Nov 2020 07:24 AM
1 Replies and 203 Views reading and processing multiple bands into one big file  203  1 Started by  David Hein-Griggs Hello, I am helping a PhD student automate processing of hundreds of huge satellite imagery files. These imagery files have been split into individuals files per band in the process of correcting metadata in a previous step. These band files all have the same names -- only the directory names are different based on the name of the source satellite imagery file. 29/09/2020 00:31 644 alpha.bin.hdr 29/09/2020 01:24 419,576,868 alpha.bin.img &91;snip&93; 2...
1 203
by  Mari MinariJump to last post
29 Oct 2020 12:13 PM
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 12312345 > >>