IDL 8.2.2 released!
IDL 8.2.2 is now available for download from our website, exelisvis.com
. Although it's primarily a maintenance release (including 104 bugs fixed), it also has some meat, with updates in, primarily, the categories of (New) Graphics, language and file access.
Here's a more detailed listing of new and improved features:
- Improved multiplot and large data performance
- New BOXPLOT, SCATTERPLOT and SCATTERPLOT3D functions
- New SCALE_FACTOR and SCALE_CENTER properties for the IMAGE function
- New properties for displaying the horizon line with MAPGRID
- CURRENT keyword now accepts a window reference
- POSITION property is get/set for all Graphics objects
- CDF library updated to 3.4.1
- HDF4 library updated to 4.2r8
- HDF-EOS library updated to 2.18
- Editor autocompletes BEGIN-END blocks
- Code is autoindented when pasted into Editor
I've prepared a set of programmatic examples that demonstrate several of these improvements; please grab them here
[ZIP, 660 KB] and experiment with them!